Friday, September 24, 2010

Salty Seattle

Here is the next blog I wanted to feature that has taken my breath away and given me an idea I'm dying to try. This lady (don't mind her picture) ;) cooks food in a way that I could never have imagined. She combines science with her cooking and makes some of the most amazing things - I need to go buy some Sodium Alginate and Calcium Chloride now and it's all her fault :). Here is the info on her blog and who she is:


Salty Seattle: Blog address is http://www.saltyseattle.com/ and here is how she describes herself:
"Linda is a recovering Stiletto Ninja- she hung up the nunchucks in favor of her current role as resident Foodie Fashionista (but she gets to keep the Louboutins). She likes to make cheese (especially burrata), cure bacon, distill salt from the nearby ocean, and churn all manner of gelato from scratch, at home, with wine, in stilettos. She’s obsessed with cooking things sous vide, loves eggs- especially duck and quail- and hand rolls and cuts various types of pasta from gnocchi to tajarin to agnolotti at least thrice a week."
She seriously sounds like an incredibly fun lady and I would love to spend a week in her kitchen, or in Italy for that matter. In fact, my friends and I actually had plans to go to Italy for a week to take cooking classes during the day and tour in the afternoons, but our contact stopped communicating with us, and the plans sort of fizzled...but I still ache to do it :).

2 comments:

saltyseattle said...

thank you for the kind words! next time you're in Seattle you're welcome to spend some time in the kitchen with me:)

Serena said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I was so excited to share the info with my friends about your blog. I've been telling everyone about the carrot juice balls you make for your soup! :)