Thursday, September 23, 2010

Golubka

When I need to entertain my mind a little from boredom, I like to read about food and cooking/baking. Last night I read through quite a few pages of a cookbook I have solely about chocolate, it's one of my favorite cookbooks. Outside of cookbooks, I daily am reading my favorite cooking blogs. I posted a few of my favorite on here before, but I found two this past week that BLOW MY MIND! They are so incredibly unique and make me think outside the box as far as food and cooking goes. I haven't been able to stop thinking about these new ways of cooking. I'll post about them both in separate posts, so here's the first one:


GOLUBKA: it means dove in Russian. The blog address is http://g0lubka.blogspot.com/ Here is how they introduced themselves:
"We here are Russian and very fond of doves. Writing this blog are Paloma's mom (me) and older (much older, 18 years older) sister, M. I will write about food, cooking, and motherhood, and the sister will write about clothing, art, and design. What I've found is that humans mostly crave food from their childhood. Memory plays tricks on us, it often puts a thick coat of sugar on that time when we were little careless hooligans. Everything tasted better back then, right? So I am hoping that in the future, instead of craving for, say, a piece of buttered toast when thinking back to her childhood, Paloma will long for something fresh - maybe papaya, or raw chocolate, or salad. Ultimately, not knowing the feeling of hunger for cooked food will allow her to stay healthier. So far, Paloma is a champion eater, she loves to eat raw and green. Now, her nanny is another story. She is a simple woman of Soviet upbringing, who thinks that one cannot survive without bread. She finds us, together with our ways of eating, absolutely nuts. "Baby can't live on grass alone," she often says, and tries to sneak some cow's milk into Paloma's bottle. But we love her very much. Meanwhile, Paloma has perfect weight, off the charts height, shiny hair, a happy attitude, and endless (sometimes I wish it would end, believe me) energy, so we do not think she is suffering too much :) "
While I am not a vegetarian, fruititarian, vegan or against cooking food, I do find it so interesting to learn from people who are. I like to find food in many forms, made many different ways. The way these ladys prepare their food simply amazes me. I can't even imagine the time, thought, effort and planning they must go through in order to have the diet the do. Yet they do it and they excell at it. I'm so excited to try some of their recipes, especially their white chocolate easter eggs!!!!!!

No comments: