Thursday, November 18, 2010

Goat Cheese Potato Salad

Dear Everybody,


Goat Cheese is very good!!!!


The END!!!!


This post is for only the following individuals:


  • Those who like potato salad

  • Those who like goat cheese

Those individuals who are not included in this list are kindly asked to, "Take off, eh!"


Now that I clearly have potato salad and goat cheese lovers reading, I'd like to just tell you that I died when I first ate this. I was at a bell ringing course on a saturday. Me and lots of others were ringing bells from 8:00 am till 5:00 pm and I thought I was going to topple over. Bells aren't heavy, but after ringing them for that long I could tell my body had sensed the extra weight. I was tired. I was crabby. I was dazing off into lala land. My body ached. I was having daydreams of laying down on the floor and taking a nap and in the dream nobody would even notice. And I was STARVING!!!

Some miraculous woman appeared with lunch for all of us and I picked her up and twirled her around, I was so happy and grateful for her. Okay, so I didn't pick her up and twirl her around the room, but I did appreciate the food. I dished up my plate and started chomping away, until I took a bite of heaven...whoever I was talking to got to watch me as I chewed my food, because I stopped focusing entirely on the conversation and just thought about the food in my mouth. As far as I knew it, nothing else existed except for trying to figure out what was in my mouth and what made it so good. I had never tasted anything like it before. I thought I was eating potato salad, but my mouth was telling me I was wrong. All I knew at that moment was that I had to 1) find out what it was and 2) make it every day for the rest of my life. I fulfilled number one. I'm just getting started on number 2. So for all you potato salad and goat cheese lovers, I give you the recipe, so you can experience this in your mouth! Please try it, you'll be so glad.





Goat Cheese Potato Salad


2 lbs (red) potatoes, scrubbed well and cut into 3/4-inch piece

Coarse salt

freshly ground pepper

2 Tbsp white-wine vinegar

1 tsp Dijon mustard

3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil

3 oz crumbled goat cheese (1/2 cup)

1 celery stalk, finely chopped

1 small shallot or onion, finely chopped

2 Tbsp dill

1/4 cup plain yogurt (optional)

Boil potatoes in salted water till tender. Drain, reserving 1 Tbsp cooking liquid. Let cool 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, oil and reserved cooking liquid.Whisk until well blended.

Place potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinagrette. Stir in goat cheese, yogurt, celery, shallot, and dill. Season with salt and pepper.

While warm, put it in your mouth. Faint. Die. Come back to life. Eat more. Repeat.

No comments: