Wednesday, October 6, 2010

John's Pizza

Who is John? He's my friends dad, born and raised in Iraq. He lives in Utah now and I love how he cooks. I don't think he realizes how much I treasure eating his food. Sometimes he calles me a pest and wonders why I take pictures of everything he does in the kitchen. Sometimes he gets annoyed when I beg and plead for him to make me this pizza...but he still makes it anyway, nice guy like that. It makes me so happy. Here's the recipe:
John's Pizza
1 Small Onion, cut
1/2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
1/2 tsp Organic no-salt seasoning
1/2 tsp Mint
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1/2 Package Mushrooms, chopped
1/2 Cup Olives, chopped (green or black, or both)
1 Dijorno Pepperoni Pizza

Heat oven to 420 degrees. Heat a large pan with olive oil on the stove top. Add cut onions. Add cajun seasoning, no-salt seasoning and mint. Add red bell pepper. Cook 3 minutes, stirring all the while. Add mushrooms. Turn off heat. Add olives.

Add the sauteed ingredients to the top of the pizza. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.

Slice, eat, faint...wake up...eat more, faint...wake up, eat more...repeat as necessary.

2 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Yum!

Layla Lula said...

Oh - Good times, good times. Dad misses you very much!