Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tuna Patties

Why, you say, would you want to make tuna patties? They sound gross, don't they. That's what I thought. So why did I make them? Go back to december. I went to a christmas party and was asked to bring a white elephant present. I love playing the white elephant game, I always get so excited, wondering what crazy item I will get from it in return for the crazy gift I brought. I don't remember what I brought, but I do remember that I returned home with a very large family size can of tuna. I realized if I opened it I would have to get a little more creative than making my standard tuna fish sandwich...cause that's a lot of sandwiches. So I gave the tuna patties a try and sort of fell in love. If you are willing to give them a try, I think you will enjoy them too :)

Tuna Patties
7 oz Tuna, drained
3 cups Bread Crumbs
2 Eggs
4 tsp Onion, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice

Mix everything together. Form patties. Fry in 3 Tbsp olive oil. Brown on both sides for 4 minutes.

No comments: